What is Hummingbird House?
Hummingbird House is Queensland’s only children’s hospice, and one of only three children’s hospices in Australia. We provide specialised paediatric palliative care services to children and young people with a life-limiting condition, helping them make the most of every precious moment they have.
What kind of services does Hummingbird House provide?
What is a life-limiting condition?
Life-limiting conditions have no cure, and for a child or young person, this means they are not expected to reach adulthood.
What does the hummingbird signify?
The hummingbird represents the children we care for, as they are small, beautiful and delicate with a relatively short lifespan.
Who can access Hummingbird House services?
Hummingbird House services are accessible to families whose child, aged between 0-18 years, had received or been diagnosed with a life-limiting condition. Our wide range of services are offered face to face, in a family’s home, in the community, or over the phone.
How much does it cost for a family to receive care and support from Hummingbird House?
We understand that the emotional, physical, or financial struggle for some families can be overwhelming. Thanks to the generosity of corporate and community supporters, families do not incur any out-of-pocket expenses to receive our care and support.
How will my donation help?
Your donation, large or small, allows our services to be accessible to over 5,700 children in Queensland with a life-limiting condition, and their families. Did you know:
- $100 can provide dinner for families staying overnight at Hummingbird House
- $250 could provide a hydrotherapy session
- $400 could allow us to host a medically supported pool party for a child and their siblings
- $1,000 would enable us to provide an in-house funeral for a family
- $2,500 could provide 4 nights respite care in a family home
- $7,500 would provide 3 nights care for a child and their family at Hummingbird House
How do I donate?
Click here to donate now.
Download our FAQ brochure now.