Leave a gift
Thank you for considering Hummingbird House in your will. Leaving a gift in your will is a thoughtful way to create a legacy that will change the future of families who don’t have the luxury of time with their child. Whatever the size of your gift, it will help us provide a place that families can come together, reconnect, and create precious memories to last a lifetime.
Your gift will help provide:
- Best practice care by a team of specialist professionals
- Creative and physical therapies
- Special moments for families
- Innovative indoor and outdoor spaces that bring together children of all abilities
- Time and space at the end of a child’s life
- Counselling and support services at every step of a family’s journey
How to include us in your will
Anyone can leave a gift in their will and create a lasting legacy by doing so. How you choose to do this is best discussed with a solicitor or legal advisor, who is best placed to advise the different options available to you. To begin the process, we recommend you follow these three steps.
- Contact us, so that we can thank you, and help determine if you would like to leave a gift for general charitable purposes, or an area that’s close to your heart.
- Speak with a solicitor or legal advisor who can assist you with the wording of your Will and ensure it reflects your wishes.
- Share your wishes with your family and friends, so that they understand why you have chosen to support Hummingbird House and what you would like your gift to achieve.
Suggested wording for your will
A pecuniary legacy allows you to leave a specific amount of money to Hummingbird House. Suggested wording:
I give and bequeath the sum of $_____ to The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (Q.), GPO Box 674, Brisbane, for the benefit of Wesley Mission Queensland, to be applied to support Hummingbird House Brisbane (located at 60 Curwen Terrace, Chermside, Queensland, 4032), and declare the signature of a duly authorised person of the Trust to be a full and complete discharge.
A residual legacy allows you to leave a set portion of your estate, or the balance remaining after your family and friends and outstanding expenses are taken care of. Suggested wording:
I give and bequeath (free of all duties) the rest and residue of my Estate to The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (Q.), GPO Box 674, Brisbane, for the benefit of Wesley Mission Queensland, to be applied to support Hummingbird House Brisbane (located at 60 Curwen Terrace, Chermside, Queensland, 4032), and declare the signature of a duly authorised person of the Trust to be a full and complete discharge.
If you’ve already included a gift in your will for Hummingbird House, a heartfelt thank you! Please let us know about your decision so that we can thank you and stay in touch, so that you can see what your generous donation will help further develop and grow.