Volunteers are an integral part of the Hummingbird House team. They contribute in a multitude of ways, from providing assistance with fundraising events through to supporting Hummingbird House operations.
At Hummingbird House we aim to provide the highest level of support and care through all facets of our service, including our volunteer support. In order to achieve this we undertake a thorough recruitment and selection process to ensure we recruit volunteers who are the ‘best fit’ for our organisation.
This also gives potential volunteers the opportunity to discover more about Hummingbird House, and to determine if a Hummingbird House volunteer role is the ‘right fit’ for them.
Hummingbird House volunteer roles include:
- Front of house (reception/administration)
- Lawns and gardens
- Sibling Support
Requirements for volunteer roles include:
- Able to commit to 1 – 2 shifts per week for a 12 month period.
- Undertake relevant probity checks including a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.
- Attend volunteer induction training.
- Provide evidence of immunisations for certain vaccine-preventable diseases as required by Queensland Health.
- Provide volunteer support at Hummingbird House events throughout the year.
Hummingbird House will be recruiting for volunteers at various times throughout the year. If you are interested in volunteering at Hummingbird House, please email email@example.com and provide information on why you want to volunteer for Hummingbird House, the role you are interested in and your availability.
Upon receipt of your email, we will contact you and provide further information including the next volunteer intake.
Potential volunteers will be invited to an interview, and asked to provide a current resume and two referees. Subject to a successful interview process, potential volunteers will be asked to complete the required application forms including relevant probity checks.