Volunteers are an integral part of the Hummingbird House team. They contribute in a multitude of ways, from providing assistance with fundraising events through to supporting Hummingbird House operations.
At Hummingbird House we aim to provide the highest level of support and care through all facets of our service, including our volunteer support. In order to achieve this we undertake a thorough recruitment and selection process to ensure we recruit volunteers who are the ‘best fit’ for our organisation.
This also gives potential volunteers the opportunity to discover more about Hummingbird House, and to determine if a Hummingbird House volunteer role is the ‘right fit’ for them.
Hummingbird House volunteer roles include:
- Care and Sibling Support (Monday – Sunday)
- Reception (Monday – Friday)
- Housekeeping (Monday – Saturday)
- Kitchen Cleaning (Monday – Sunday)
- Maintenance and Gardening (Monday – Friday)
- Driving (on-call / casual availability)
- Well-being (hairdressing, beauty therapy, massage, dog therapy. Monday – Sunday)
- Fundraising and Community events (as required)
Requirements for volunteer roles include:
- Able to commit to 1 shift per week for a 12 month period.
- Undertake relevant probity checks including a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.
- Attend volunteer induction training.
- Provide evidence of immunisations for certain vaccine-preventable diseases as required by Queensland Health.
- Provide volunteer support at Hummingbird House events throughout the year.
Hummingbird House recruits volunteers at various times throughout the year. If you are interested in volunteering at Hummingbird House, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a brief statement on why you want to volunteer with Hummingbird House, the role you are interested in and your availability.